The time has arrived to get the vegetables growing better.

We tried to grow the first round of vegetables in the patch our living ploughs had kindly snuffled their way through but unfortunately either the soil was rubbish or the escaping goats had their fill of the fresh greens, not many have survived.

We have Peas, beans, onions and tomatoes growing outside but the pumpkins, squash, courgettes, marrows and sweet corn all perished.

So a polytunnel was needed.  We put the girl pigs onto the patch so they could do what they do best, and within 2 weeks they had cleared a large area of bramble and nettles perfect for the 12ft x 20ft polytunnel.

Matt and the boys started digging the holes for the tubes and the ground turned into grey slate, so a quick job turned into 2 back breaking days work.

image

 

image

 

image

 

image

 

image

 

The tubes and the door frames are now up and the polythene cover will be put on this weekend, we will keep you posted.